From: activeperl-boun...@listserv.activestate.com
[mailto:activeperl-boun...@listserv.activestate.com] On Behalf Of Oeschey, Lars
(I/ET-83, extern)
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 8:35 AM
To: activeperl@listserv.activestate.com
Subject: Problem with Net::Ping to DFS cluster

Hi,

I have a little script, that first checks the availability of a DFS Cluster
here. The cluster has an alias name which is used to map drives etc., so I'm
using that alias to ping it for availability.
I can ping that alias in a dosbox.
When I use a normal servername to ping, it works with the script.
When I use the clusteralias, it works from one machine, from another not.

This is the code I use:

use strict;
use warnings;
use Win32::FileOp;
use Term::ReadKey;

my $pinghost="dfsalias";

print "Checking avalability of destination...";
my $p = Net::Ping->new();
if (!$p->ping($pinghost)) {
        print "\ncan't reach $pinghost: no network? Exiting!\n";
        print "\nPress any key to continue...";
        ReadMode('cbreak');
        my $key = ReadKey(0);
        ReadMode('normal');
        exit;
}

Any ideas? I know it must have to do something with that alias...

Lars