On 9/18/12 3:38 PM, $Bill Luebkert wrote:
> On 9/18/2012 12:28, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>> Well, I remember that when I was at Microsoft (lowers his head), there was a
>> lot of use of ActiveState perl in the build machinery for the Windows kernel.
>>
>> I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft had a couple of full-time ActiveState
>> folks on contract, in fact.
>>
>> Maybe if one is on the list, they can suggest that strftime() be amended to
>> have '%z' return the timezone offset in hours/minus and sign.
> Might be easier to just have AS make the changes by coding
> around it (convert the %T to %H:%M:%S and grab the tz offset
> from the registry
> (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\ActiveTimeBias)
> and format it to %z format (%+02d%02u, $atb / 60, $atb % 60 or whatever).
>
> Pretty simple change if someone has the time/access.

I'd rather call the DLL that does this for us than grovel around in the
registry... My scripts need to work in some environments where the AV stuff is
*really* buttoned down and doesn't like direct probes into the registry (but is
fine with system libraries doing it for us... supposedly through a whitelist of
permitted imports).

-Philip