To whom may concern (@ActiveState):

The module XML::LibXML is failing to build on PPM since v1.71 (current
version is 2.0014). While looking at the logs on
http://ppm4.activestate.com, I see that the following environment variables
are being set:

LIB=...
INCLUDE=...

But, I also see that Makefile.PL suggests setting the following variables:

LIBS=...
INC=...

I suspect this was a change on v1.71 and it’s possible that by just changing
‘LIB’ and ‘INCLUDE’ to ‘LIBS’ and ‘INC’ it will work again.

I hope you can at least try it soon, I’m using AS Perl 5.16 x64 and there’s
no successful build of XML::LibXML for it. This is a very important module
for any Perl project dealing with serious XML data.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Francisco Zarabozo