Gar Nelson wrote:

> Rank newbie (hardware guy branching out)
>
> I'm using "Learning Python" by Lutz and Ascher, published by O'Reilly
>
> I've done a basic install of Active Python, without any customization.
>
> The example in the book (pg 22), that does not function is;

There are two main issues that you will run into using TKinter with
ActivePython:

 1. Tk is not installed with ActivePython. You can get it here:

   http://www.ActiveState.com/Products/ActivePython/Extensions.html

 2. Tk applications do not work from within the PythonWin environment.
Make sure to use "Python Shell" instead.

 Paul Prescod