Rajagopalan, Karthik wrote:

Hi Techies,

We build python from source adding certain MSVC import libs and
binmode.obj during the link time of python.exe. I would like to get the
list of libs used by triggering something like perl -V:libs just to make
sure if the executable has been built with proper libs from command
line.
'binmode.obj' forces all files to open in binary mode as default if
mode-flags are not provided. In a C program we can get default mode by
getting the value of 'fmode' from 'stdlib.h'. If there is someway even
in Python to get the mode of file opened, I would like to know about
that and the sample script.
I'd write a custom module that exposes the fmode value. I think this is quite off-topic for the activepython mailing list. Good luck.

--david

PS: I am a bit scared by this change, as I can't imagine that it won't break existing code. But it's your life =).