Here is the method I used to find all the non alphanumeric characters
in my "name" column of my "orgs"  table:
using postgresql:

select id, name,translate(lower
(name),'0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz,.',rpad('',36,'')) as
"translation"
from orgs
order by translation desc

Basically this translates all the alphanumeric to ''
then sorts by translation desc brings all funk to the top of the list.




On Apr 7, 2:26 am, zeal <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi coalex,
>
> No my database didn't exist before my rails application.
> I got this error when I moved to upgraded environment.(ruby 1.9, rails
> 2.3.2, active_scaffold master for rails 2.3.2)
>
> This above error is gone when I use ruby 1.8.7,  rails 2.3.2,
> active_scaffold master for rails 2.3.2.
>
> So now I am using RUBY 1.8.7 and error is gone.
>
> By the way how to do check at "associated_limit" column for unfamiliar
> data characters ???? can you please paste the code, which you have
> used to check above???
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/activescaffold?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to