forwarded : original post from Kathy Rae Huffman
I am proud to announce that Digital Power: Activism, Advocacy and the
Influence of Women Online is (finally) online at:
digital-power.siggraph.org
This online exhibition has been in the works for more than a year, it
is pre-pandemic, inter-generational, cross-disciplinary, diverse.
inclusive and multiethnic. The works in the exhibition were juried by
a wonderful group of artists, curators, and educators. Each work had
three jury responses.
I do realize that once a collection of works such as this goes public,
we will become conscious that it is only the tip of the iceberg and
that there are so many more works by women which are not so visible.
Hopefully sharing more projects in this community will start to bring
them into our important discussions.
I wish you all a good time perusing the works in this collection. I
really have enjoyed getting to know many of the artists and thank them
for their patience during the preparation of the website. There will
be a Birds of a Feather discussion on 25 August (during the upcoming
SIGGRAPH conference) which is behind a paywall, but we will post a
recording of it to the exhibition website at a later date.
Warmly, Kathy
_______________________________________________
faces-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.servus.at/mailman/listinfo/faces-l
http://faces-l.net
_______________________________________________
Ada_list mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
http://ada.net.nz/
Manage your list membership (Subscribe, Change to digest, Unsubscribe)
http://list.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/ada_list