Hello Adastrans

I have misgivings about the current popularity of introducing yellow rattle
(and other British native plants) to existing grasslands where no historic
records of such plants exist, am I worrying unnecessarily or is there cause
for concern, what do you think?

Should we perhaps restrict the introduction of yellow rattle and other
plants to new or improved grasslands and avoid doing this on unimproved or
semi-unimproved grasslands, except in the case of reintroductions?

Are we in effect homogenising our countryside whereby the uniqueness of
individual sites will be lost?

It may become impossible to determine what the naturally occurring flora
really was, does this matter?

Can yellow rattle have a detrimental effect on existing vegetation? For
instance, can it impact upon rare grasses?

Are there any protocols, codes of conduct etc. that we should be following
on this subject?

I'd appreciate any advice, thanks,

Vivien