Hello subscribers to the Adastra mailing list,

You will be aware that the Adastra mailing list sends out a monthly reminder
about your membership of this mailing list. If you're like us, you probably
delete it without reading it.

The reminders include a reminder of your Adastra password. Adastra passwords
are only intended to provide mild security - to prevent others from messing
with your subscription - and there's a warning when you first subscribe to the
mailing list which says: "Do no not use a valuable password as it will
occasionally be emailed back to you in cleartext."

Nevertheless, sending out passwords by email does not really fit with modern
standards of internet security and an Adastra subscriber has asked us to review
this practice.

We have decided to switch off the option for sending monthly reminders about
your Adastra mailing list membership.

If you ever wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, please use the box at
the bottom of this page:

If you have questions, problems, comments, etc, send them to
adastra-ow...@lists.sxbrc.org.uk<mailto:adastra-ow...@lists.sxbrc.org.uk>.

It is our intention to review all our e-communications at some point, at the
same time as updating our website, but it's been a rather busy year in the
record centre so we haven't had much time to look at this yet.

Best wishes,

Clare

P.S. You may wish to keep this email as you won't receive any future reminders
about your Adastra mailing list membership.

Clare Blencowe
BRC Manager
Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre
http://sxbrc.org.uk<http://sxbrc.org.uk/> | 01273 497521

Sussex Wildlife Trust is a company limited by guarantee under the Companies
Act. Registered in England, Company No. 698851. Registered Charity No. 207005.
VAT Registration No. 191 305969. Registered Office: Woods Mill, Henfield, West
Sussex BN5 9SD. Telephone 01273 492630