Hi Dave

Tim Wilkins in the Mycologist/Lichenologist for Natural England. I cannot
imagine he would have condoned the destructive activities at Henfield Common.
He is interested in and concerned about waxcap-grassland conservation and
certainly should be made aware of the problem. This is his email address.

tim.wilk...@naturalengland.org.uk

However, for a more formal complaint I suggest James Seymour, Area Manager
Sussex and Kent. (I had a reply from him via Jeremy Quinn MP when I voiced my
concerns about NE’s role in the Foraging Partnership). I only have postal
details for him:

James Seymour, Area Manager – Sussex and Kent

C/o Mail Hub

Natural England

County Hall

Spetchley Road

Worcester

WR5 2NP

Any waxcaps within the parts of the grassland that have been treated with
herbicide are highly likely to die out; the chances of recovery within the
foreseeable future is remote. Received wisdom is that it takes waxcap grassland
at least 30 years to recover from ‘improvement’, if ever.

Best wishes

Vivien