>From : henribrockleb...@sussexwt.org.uk
Date : 31/05/2017 - 11:47 (GMTST)
To : adastra@lists.sxbrc.org.uk
Subject : [Adastra] Henfield Common
Dear Adastrans,

I appreciate that Adastra is a forum that focusses on biological recording chat
and from time to time veers into other conservation related topics.

In light of this I will keep this brief.

·
My email to Dave
(copied into his previous post) was not an ‘SWT position’, simply an informal
email from me to Dave, to update him on the outcome of a meeting.  An SWT
position statement is naturally a far more formal piece of text
with more context and justifications.

·
The word ‘positive’ was used in reflection of the start of the meeting, which
involved heated discussion between Dave and the Parish Council as he described
in a previous email.  The fact that we could have
 some constructive discussion after that, I take as positive.

·
The unfortunate situation with Henfield PC needed some realism and pragmatism
as they were legally able to get on with the work without making any changes to
their proposed plans.  They had been aggravated by
 the previous press work and more press work (either national or local) could
have closed the door for dialogue entirely.  It is fair to say that SWT and
Dave have a difference in opinion on this topic.

·
SWT can’t be everywhere all the time and it is fantastic when local naturalists
and communities can inform us of issues like this and we respond when we are
able.  We may not always agree on what the approach
 is, but as we are all essentially wanting to do what is right for the wildlife
of Sussex it is great when we can strengthen each other and work together.

Cheers
Henri

Strategy Lead – Conservation Policy
Sussex Wildlife Trust

Sussex Wildlife Trust is a
company limited by guarantee under the Companies Act. Registered in England,
Company No. 698851. Registered Charity No. 207005. VAT Registration No. 191
305969. Registered Office: Woods Mill, Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9SD. Telephone
01273 492630