Dear WG,

We have informed you in September about the fact that James Kennedy is moving
into a new role at the RIPE NCC

We have found a willing participant from the community to help us fill the gap
and join the AP-WG Chair collective.

We like to introduce Alex le Heux as a new Co-Chair introduce for the following
period, so he can see what is involved in the role as a Co-chair.
This would mean that he will be joining Leo and myself on the AP-WG-Chair mail
address and we can do the actual appointment / selection on the next RIPE
meeting.

I write to you on the ML, to ask you for your support and feedback on the
approach.
Also if you are considering joining, do have a chat with either Leo or myself
during the meeting.

Kind regards,
Erik Bais
On behalf of the AP-WG-Chairs

On 18/09/2023, 15:25, "address-policy-wg on behalf of Leo Vegoda"
<address-policy-wg-boun...@ripe.net <mailto:address-policy-wg-boun...@ripe.net>
on behalf of l...@vegoda.org <mailto:l...@vegoda.org>> wrote:

Dear WG,

You will have seen the recent announcement that James Kennedy has
joined the RIPE NCC as Chief Registry Officer. He's stepping down from
his community leadership roles, including as co-chair of the Address
Policy WG.

Because we still have two co-chairs there is no immediate need to
recruit a replacement. Instead, we'd like to encourage anyone
considering joining the team to contact us to discuss what is
involved.

You can write to us and we can schedule a call. You can also approach
us at RIPE 87 in Rome.

Kind regards,

Leo & Erik
Address Policy WG Co-Chairs