Hi,

On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 08:56:48AM +0100, Alex Le Heux wrote:
> However, is has been argued that this interpretation is wrong and
> that PA Assignments in the RIPE DB must include the actual end-user
> details. And even though this is out of scope for the 2023-04
> discussion, it is still something that is worth resolving. As
> changing this interpretation would be a major departure of many
> years of accepted practice and potentially involve updating thousands
> of RIPE DB objects, we feel this discussion would be best served
> by an independent policy proposal that clarifies the issue and would
> like to invite the working group to enter one.

This.

I personally feel that the way this is currently handled "by all parties
involved" is reasonable middle ground - documentation is available, and
the level of end-user detail depends on local agreements and also
requirements.

I am aware that Dennis found text in the policy documents that require
doing something different, namely having admin-c "on site", whatever
that may mean in a context where the "ASSIGNED PA" inetnum is in a
datacenter somewhere (so, nobody "on site", in particularily not
"working for the customer").  So formally there is a conflict.

But this is all outside of 2023-04, so if we think that the current
way of "getting things done" is in conflict to (very very old) policy
text, it sounds as if we need to adjust that old text, because "overtaken
by history".

I'm not actively volunteering, just supporting Alex' point :-)

Gert Doering
        -- LIR contact since 1995 or so...

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael Emmer
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279