Comment #6 on issue 271 by wtor...@gmail.com: cannot use ASAN w/shared-library code (JVM, JNI)
http://code.google.com/p/address-sanitizer/issues/detail?id=271

Thanks for the heads-up! I've been successfully using AddressSanitizer with gcc for a while now, and it works like a charm (even with the JVM). In fact, it helped find a bug that would have been very difficult to identify -- I wrote a little about the process on my blog (http://btorpey.github.io/blog/2014/03/27/using-clangs-address-sanitizer/).

I'm also using clang for static analysis, but so far we're still building executables w/gcc.

Again, thanks for putting such a terrific tool out there!