Hi,

I thought given the current issues with glibc I'd bring that up.

A while ago I had a conversation with Kostya about building glibc with
asan. I think it can be summed up as "it's possible, but requires lots
of manual work and is complicated".

The publicly available documentation is currently a wiki page listing
problems trying to build glibc with clang
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/GlibcMeetsClang
and some reports about fuzzing done with libfuzzer
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/FuzzingLibc

As far as I can see there is currently no public documentation how one
would compile glibc with asan (and/or libfuzzer).

I think it is a major drawback of security analysis of glibc that many
common tools don't work on it and it'd be great if this area could be
improved. So the question is: How realistic would it be to make this
stuff more easily accessible?

--
Hanno Böck
https://hboeck.de/