Hello,

I have two questions regarding PDA renderers for "messages" component.

1) Can we make one common renderer for PDA and Desktop for a "messages" component ?

Desktop and PDAs have different renderers for a "messages" component. They are both located in org->apache->myfaces>trinidadinternal->ui->laf->base->pda/desktop->MessageboxRenderer.java

With current trinidad code, on a desktop, the demo-app renders a message box that displays messageType (like Error) and the message (Label : Conversion Error)  in the following format: (see desktop_messages.JPG)

On Pocket PCs (PIE and IE mobile) PDA message box is not rendered and it displays nothing.

I did not understand why in the first place we need a different renderer for PDAs ? So, I tried something different. I copied the contents of DESKTOP MessageBoxRenderer.java into the PDA MessageBoxRenderer.java of a PDA. And it worked !!! PDA displays errors in the desired format. Everything appears same
as desktop except the skin and the absence of Error Icon (X) on left of Label which I think are skinning issues. (see pda_messages.JSPX)

2) Since, limited screen size is a handicap on a PDA device, it does not make sense to show messages that are specific to a component (in this case an inputText) within  "tr:messages" component (Label : Conversion Error) as well as below the component they belong to. (ex: Specified value is not a val....).
In that case, shall I alter the PDA renderer from 1) to exclude any messages being added to the "messages" component if they are specific to a component?

Sincerely,
Piyush Hari