I was trying to implement this, and immediately ran into the following
issue:

The new Renderer was storing the clientRowKey-ServerRowKey cache as a
private attribute on the component.
but this fails when the component is inside a stamping container (ie: nested
table case).

The rowkey cache must be considered special stamp state, so that it is
properly managed by a stamping container.

therefore, it has to be managed by the component and must be serializable.
So the renderer cannot implement the
ClientRowKeyManager interface.
Instead, the Renderer implements a ClientRowKeyManagerProducer interface.

so to summarize,
ClientRowKeyManagerProducer has a method
public ClientRowKeyManager getClientRowKeyManager(FacesContext,UIComponent)

ClientRowKeyManager has
public String getClientRowKey(FacesContext, UIComponent table, Object
rowKey);
public Object getRowKey(FacesContext, UIComponent table, String
clientRowKey);

and UIXCollection has:
public String getClientRowKey()
public void setClientRowKey(String clientKey)
protected final ClientRowKeyManager getClientRowKeyManager()

Let me know your thoughts and I can start on this implementation.
--arjuna

On 10/7/06, Arjuna Wijeyekoon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I decided to call this
> > ClientRowKeyManager:
> >
> > public String getClientRowKey(FacesContext, UIComponent table, Object
> > rowKey);
> > public Object getRowKey(FacesContext, UIComponent table, String
> > clientRowKey);
> >
> > what d'ya think?
> >
> > On 10/4/06, Arjuna Wijeyekoon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > If you're having doubts about having the text "Renderer" be in the
> > > interface name, can we go back to
> > > RowKeyStringManager
> > > ?
> > >  I like having the work "String" in there, since this is going to
> manage
> > > mapping RowKeys to Strings.
> > >
> > > The interface would have two methods:
> > > public String getRowKeyString(FacesContext, UIComponent table,
Object