there two kind of portals
some use Servlet classes as a base for Portlet and other Portlet Classes,
and subclasses classes like PortletRequest from HttpServletRequest.
some develop Portlet classes from scratch.
lots of problems arise in second type of portlet API implementation which
the Portlet classes can not be casted to Servlet classes.

IBM websphere is from first kind.
Liferay is second type.
pluto is some thing between:

 package org.apache.pluto.internal.impl;
 public abstract class PortletRequestImpl extends HttpServletRequestWrapper
 implements PortletRequest, InternalPortletRequest {

as you see they have subclasses HttpServletRequestWrapper
so they have all methods of HttpServlet

so I think its better that we don't test portlet patch implementation on
pluto.