Alexandr,

What's wrong with faces-config.xml metadata?  From our
perspective, this has been a very successful source
of the information needed to derive things as diverse
as Javadoc, code, and TLDs (and, faces-config.xml
itself).

The "XML is bad, annotations are great" line you here a lot these
days is waaaay overblown.  XML has its strengths, annotations
has its strengths.

-- Adam