To: <adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: goButton on a PDA

Do you mean something like this:

My recollection is that putting a link around a button didn't work in some pda's. I think since the time that was written the pda's have come a long way. If it works I say go for it.

Thanks,

Gabrielle

Piyush Hari wrote:

Hello,

At present the following logic in GoButtonRenderer renders a goButton as a LINK (html 'a' tag) on PDAs because they don't support button tag :

String element = useButtonTag ? "button" : "a";

I wonder why a link is renderered when browsers that don't support 'button' tag *CAN* support 'input' tag of type 'Button'.

Shall I change this to input type ?

-Piyush