Oh yeah, and I'm moving wrapping of servlet objects out of the filters and into the ExternalContext. That does not mean we can't wrap them in filters as well, but everytime we do, those filters will not run in a portal.

Scott

Scott O'Bryan wrote:
Two questions then:

1) Being that these won't work in a portal environment, should we move these to be executed elsewhere (like my custom lifecycle object) and change the API to be more container agnostic (ie. using the ExternalContext)?

2) If we do need to leave these in the filters, is it okay to move all the other initialization logic (like setting up the skinning and whatnot) to execute after these services or does it need to continue to execute in the same order?

Scott