Mark,

Yes, he means trinidadinternal.ui. The reason we are getting rid of this is basically a historical reason. These classes are basically a set of adapters designed to port Oracle's old UIX component base over to Faces. As the components were enhanced and expanded, we started turning these components into true Faces Components (which we'll refer to as Faces Major) on this list. While it's acceptable to make enhancements to the UI packages until all the UIX components have been ported over, it is completely wrong to add any new dependencies from outside of these.

I haven't taken a look at your patch, but I would take a look at either making your dependancies FacesMajor, or moving the functionality you need from the UI package into a non-ui package and have the UI classes refer to it. Make sense?

Scott

Mark Robinson wrote:
Adam,

By myfaces.ui, do you mean trinidadinternal.ui? Is there a reason for getting rid of it? Also, is there migration documentation? Ie, class X is gone, use class Y and Z.

Thanks,

Mark

Adam Winer wrote:
Mark,

It's not OK for anything in myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit to have
dependencies on code in myfaces.ui;  our goal is to kill all
code in myfaces.ui.

So, for example:

import org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ui.UIXRenderingContext;
import
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ui.laf.simple.desktop.IconInputStreamProvider
;
import
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ui.laf.simple.desktop.SimpleDesktopConstants
;
import org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.uinode.FacesRenderingContext;

... are all off-limits.  (Looking through the patch, it looks as though
you've
added some other imports unnecessarily.)

-- Adam