Hello everyone,

I'm looking at supporting "launch parameters" for the Portal in Trinidad. To recap my understanding of them, in the TrinidadFilter, Trinidad does its filter stuff and then does a doFilter on the FilterChain. When the chain returns, the TrinidadFilter checks for the existence of LaunchParameters and, if they exist, it essentially executes the doFilter again with a modified set of parameters (and thus runs the Lifecycle again).

In Portlets we really don't have this capability because this is really controlled by the bridge right now and it is unlikely we'll be able to support this without specific enhancements to the Bridge until JSR-286. So my question is, would I be able to "simulate" this behavior in a portal environment by sending a redirect back to the portlet with the new parameters? I know that this will cause performance issues in the short term, but it will do so only in a Portal environment and then only until filters are supported in a portal environment.

I'm simply not sure how these are used, exactly, which is why I'm asking if the redirect would be functionally equivalent.

Scott