On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 12:22:19PM +0300, Herouth Maoz wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 July 2001 11:46, Ira Abramov wrote:
>
> > well, if you count IBM Israel, maybe. Sun promissed Hebrew for Star
> > Office but it looks like it went the way of the dodo.
>
> Well, it's not entirely up to Sun, is it?

It's entirely up to Sun. If they want it, they'll implement it. Of
course, anyone can do the work themselves and ask Sun to include it,
now that it's open source.

> I mean, Star Office development has moved to OpenOffice, which is basically
> an open source project, or am I wrong?

It's still a Sun-run project. You even have to assign copyrights to
Sun before they agree to include your contribution (not that there's
anything wrong with that, it's still free software, you can always
fork if you don't like it, blah blah blah). But as far as I know
Sun never relinquished control of the development of StarOffice /
OpenOffice.