At 07:55 26/10/2004, you wrote

>John,
>I don't have a camera suggestion for you, but I do want to correct some of

Thanks for this ;)

>your terminology, so that you might get some better answers as you shop for
>a camera.  First, DV is a tape format, so drop that nasty four-letter word
>"film" from your vocabulary... ;-)  Since you're in the UK, you'll probably

"Film" as a generic term for the act of recording a moving image?

>want a PAL-format camera that records at 25 fps with an adjustable shutter
>speed.  The shutter speed on a camera is usually measured in fractions of a
>second, rather than frames per second.  Since you want to capture a

I am after relatively high speed images, back when I was selling Super8 kit 
in the 70s
you only had a choice of 18 or 25fps!

>high-speed event, you should know that even though you may set your shutter
>speed to 1/500 second or faster, the video camera will still record at only
>25 frames per second.  You will get sharper images of high-speed objects,

this much I knew which was why I asked for in excess of 30 fps

>but you'll only get 25 of those images per second.  If you are looking to
>make good slow-motion footage of your skidding event, you can't beat film,

film is expensive and I have no real budget, can't process or edit my own
and need it in electronic form

>since you can adjust the frame rate of the film as it records the images
>within the camera.  That's something you just can't do with video.  Most of

Will see how good my trial with a high speed false colour infra red camera 
(digital)
was yesterday, only �35k

Initial trials looked good

http://www.flirthermography.com/english/cameras/camera/1063/

Real-Time Digital Storage and Analysis
Video rate imaging (60 Hz) allows you to inspect fast moving objects and 
scan while moving without image smear. The built-in color viewfinder 
provides bright, crisp images under virtually all conditions. Radiometric 
FireWire (IEEE 1394) output provides the bandwidth for fast downloading of 
calibrated thermal video of high-speed events.

Regards

FB

>the good slow-motion video you see is done by interpolating moving objects
>between frames, or with very expensive tape decks, and that requires money.
>
>Good luck,
>Glen in Vegas



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to