You may be on to something, as I've had a slew of 'plays OK here at 
testing, Borks on clients machines' issues lately. 

I think I know what I'll try as a test ;-)


Cheers


Mark McLaughlin
----------------------------------------------------------------
Best Color Video Production   DVD    Website Design
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       Ph. 250-744-4111 Fx.
www.bestcolorvideo.com/  1021 Ridgeway Place, Victoria BC.
" We Produce Videos & Internet Websites for YOUR Business "
----------------------------------------------------------------


-----Original Message-----
From: David Hurdon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: February 16, 2005 1:05 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [AP] Re: AVI to DVD


I began to use an Epson R200 for direct to disk printing after I became
convinced paper labels were taboo. It happened when I delivered my first
video biography to the client. It was on two DVD-R disks, paper labeled. I
also had identical, unlabeled disks with me, not as deliberate back up but
more because I'd burned them so I brought them. The first labeled disk began
to pixelate grossly after about forty minutes. Shortly thereafter it failed
and would not play at all. The unlabeled disks played through flawlessly. My
research at the time suggested that the label retained heat from the hotter
laser used to read DVD vs CD. To this day I don't know if that's true, but I
do know I won't use another paper label on DVD.

David Hurdon

At 12:59 PM 2/16/2005 -0800, you wrote:

Thanks for reply.

I guess theres actually 2 items in the original question.

1)Burning from AVI -> DVD with a label in place.

2) Playback issues with paper labelled DVDs.

So what labelling process do people advocate?
What do you use?


Cheers


Mark McLaughlin




 
Yahoo! Groups Links



 





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to