Here Here...I'm with you Jeff...anybody else? LOL "Jeffery J. Haas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:<<Perhaps we need to hear from members whether or not they consider encoding issues Off Topic (OT). Using OT in the subject line is a well-established practise in many groups and gives members a chance to ignore the post if it isn't their interest area. If OT posts become a large part of the daily activity that might reasonably trigger discussion about whether a new group is called for.>>
----This is precisely why I do NOT happen to feel that "video for internet" or streaming, is even remotely off-topic. So much of what editors do is targeted to the streaming market and even if it is not originally intended for the web, it still may end up there someday. Where media is concerned, the internet is just another broadcast (or narrowcast) medium, and I hardly think that segregating one medium from another would produce better results, or would lessen confusion, or bring more focus. In fact it would seem that streaming is precisely ON topic as much as "video for DVD" or "video tape" or projection. It's not precisely about Premiere, but it does involve the end product of Premiere's software and the streaming aspect is even integrated into the Premiere product. I see a lot of wisdom in the use of (OT) slugs for experienced editors so that they can skip over something but the subject line seems to work well too, if it is labeled well, so either or both work fine. The question is for the newer, less experienced editors who would not know if something is important unless they read it first. If encoding issues were addressed in an entirely separate forum then they'd never have a chance to get exposed to it till crunch time. I imagine Rieni must be getting off list emails from users who dont have an interest in encoding or streaming and I dont know what everyone's patience level is or their individual work situation...I'm lucky that I have a separate machine for the net or else I would never be online except for the scant hours when the edit system is not in use. Now everybody should pray that my internet machine breaks down today so they can get some relief! LOL.....INSERT PRAYERS HERE---->>> I see subjects live vigorously for a few weeks and then they die down for a while, and then another subject becomes "hot", and if that subject is not of interest to me I'm just tapping the DELETE key more often, but it doesn't seem to be a big deal. Of course everyone is different and then there are the poor souls on dial-up who get nutty when twenty posts on a subject not in their interest take up download time, so I imagine it's more of an issue right there. Seeing all that as it is, it lends more legitimacy to the "slightly off topic" nature and the push for a separate forum but I am afraid that the long term result would detract from the usefulness of the group more than it would benefit....simply because sooner or later most EVERYONE will probably be faced with a streaming issue...somewhere...sometime. $0.02 </rant> Cheers, JeffH Ch.S. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] --------------------------------- Yahoo! Groups Links To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/ To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site! [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
