Hi John,

Yes, the tutorial made note of the need to first put the matte in a 
separate sequence.  I'm not sure I understand why, but I guess that's 
not always necessary.  Thanks for your response!

RR


--- In [email protected], "John Morgan" 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> RR,
> 
> I've not seen the Wrigley tutorial, but do know how to use the track
> matte effect. Yes, you have to turn off visibility of that track, so
> plan your show accordingly and put the track matte on the highest 
track.
> I assume you've discovered that to animate the track matte mask, it 
has
> to be done in a separate sequence? You then bring that sequence onto
> your timeline and add the track matte effect to the sequence 
containing
> the animated mask. It also works to export your animated mask 
separately
> as numbered targas, then import the resulting numbered frames and 
THEN
> apply the track matte effect. Fewer steps to do it using a separate
> sequence. That other way was something I discovered when trying to 
learn
> how to use the effect. The manual is poorly written regarding those
> steps.
> 
> John
> 
>  
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick
> Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 6:45 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [AP] Track Matte Question
> 
>  
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I'm beginning to experiment with track mattes and have watched the 
> Wrigley tutorial.  This may be obvious, but I want to check out my 
> assumption...
> 
> In order for the track matte effect to work, you have to turn off 
the 
> track output where the matte resides.  I assume this means that the 
> entire video track cannot be used for anything else except another 
> track matte, correct?
> 
> Like I said, that's probably obvious, but it wasn't really made 
clear 
> in the tutorial.  It seems important, especially if the effect is 
> used early in the video editing process.  If I know that I will be 
> layering some clips later in the process (tracks 2, 3, and 4), I 
may 
> want to be sure and put the track matte on a higher track (5) 
rather 
> than eliminate an easily viewed track for the rest of the editing 
> process. Right?
> 
> TIA,
> RR
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>   _____  
> 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> *         To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/
>   
> 
> *         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
subject=Unsubscribe> 
>   
> 
> *         Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms 
of
> Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> . 
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to