I have a strange problem that I have been troubleshooting and you 
guys are my last resort. I checked the archived messages, but there 
is nothing that I can find right on point.

My Problem: when I capture MiniDV through firewire into my PC, it 
captures fine but when I look at the timeline, there is a noticeable 
vertical line in the audio right around the 23:30 minute mark. When 
I play it, there is a single, noticeable "click" at that point.  so 
here is what I did:

1)  I thought it was the tape so I tried more tapes. still had the 
problem.  Funny thing, if I fast forwarded a tape 5 mins into the 
tape, there would be no click at the 23:30 minute mark, but there 
would at the 28:30 min mark.  so it is 23:30 minutes of capture, and 
not the tape.

2)  Tried different computers. I tried on a brand new lap top, and 
two friends computers. still had the glitch!

3) Tried different playback device.  I used both my Samsung SCD-67 
MiniDV camcorder, as well as my JVC SR-VS10 combo miniDV/S-VHS deck 
and still had the problem.  I used minidv tapes recorded on both as 
well as a tape sent to my by someone else, and still have the glitch.

so if it is not the tape, computer, or playback device, what else 
could it be?  I changed cables and added a separate firewire card in 
the PC as well before tryin on the new laptop, and that didnt fix 
it.  I de-installed and re-installed the program and same problem.

Has anyone had a similar problem with a click on their audio around 
the 23:30 minute mark?  I dont know what else to troubleshoot. could 
it be a problem with the software itself?  seems like putting on 
diff computers would have solved that, but who knows..

any help would be greatly appreciated. I dont know what else to 
try...

Bobby Gervais





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to