plenty of factors, but the main is your processor speed (CPU) 
rendering is a CPU intensive process. adding more RAM is great, but 
that really doesn't affect rendering. understand that "rendering" is a 
mathematical process. the CPU is "calculating" what each frame will 
look like, each pixel, "processing" and then storing that information.

a couple of factors that could lengthen the "processing" time are 
codec and amount of effects applied.

--- In [email protected], "avantnewt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:
> Hi, 
> I just recently upgraded to Adobe Premiere 6.5, to XP and added RAM
> (at 1 gb now). I had a 1 minute 30 second clip that I added color
> balance and brightness/contrast effects to, which I tried to render.
> The estimated time for rendering this small clip with two effects was
> 9 minutes!! This is very slow. But, why? Any suggestions? Rendering
> with AP 5.1 and only 250 RAM on this same system took no time at 
all. 
> 
> Thanks for any help, 
> 
> Ellen




 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to