At one time I had thought of doing some weddings; thanks for reminding  
me why I should run in the opposite direction. Congratulations on 
surviving it all.!

Mike S

Rick wrote:

>Last weekend I did my first wedding shoot with only 2 weeks 
>preparation (it's a long story). Having been a member of this group 
>for the last two years, I began listing every potential problem and 
>caution I could remember being mentioned by other group members.  
>It's good I paid attention, because everything that could go 
>wrong......
>
>Although this is somewhat off-topic, I think it's beneficial.  Here's 
>what happened...
>
>1.  I tested both of my cameras a week before the wedding.  My newest 
>camera decided to stop ejecting and taking in tapes.  This is a small 
>town with only one electronics shop and they don't touch digital 
>camcorders. I begged them just to look and they finally agreed after 
>I plunked down $50.  They found a small object lodged in the tray, 
>removed it and the camera "sort of" worked.  
>
>2.  Getting the camera back two days later, I went to the church to 
>take some preliminary shots and to test the lighting.  Camera 2 
>decided to stop recording.  I finally found an acquaintance who 
>RELUCTANTLY agreed to lend me his camera as long as I agreed to pay 
>for any and all damage to the camera.  Fair enough.
>
>3. I talked with everyone ahead of time - the wedding party, the 
>photographer, the minister, and the church committee in charge of 
>their video equipment.  This church has cameras installed and NO ONE 
>touches ANYTHING.  However, the bride's father is very influential 
>and consequently I was granted an exception.
>
>4. I got all the preliminary shots and got the layout of the church. 
>The installed cameras were limited in range, so I got permission to 
>set up my two cameras, including one in the front of the church 
>behind some ferns.
>
>5. I practiced with the installed cameras the day before the 
>wedding.  Good thing, too!  Both cameras had six "presets" and were 
>moved by simply pushing a button.  The presets could not be changed 
>under any circumstances.  That's when I realized that the presets 
>wouldn't work - they were set to focus on the minister during a 
>church service, but not for a wedding where the bride and groom were 
>a step or two below the minister.  Every shot would have to be 
>adjusted by hand and manually focused.  Fine - I mapped which camera 
>and which preset would be used for every one of the wedding 
>activities and put it on a clipboard for reference.
>
>6. We got to the wedding ahead of time and found that someone had 
>rearranged the alter and blocked our shots.  I still had time to talk 
>to the minister and get things changed.  Great...
>
>7. Thanks to the group, I thought to bring extension cords, duct 
>tape, extra batteries, a knife, tons of extra DV tapes, water, 
>something to eat, and so on.  I needed ALL of these items, most of 
>them before the wedding got started.
>
>8.  The wedding went fairly well and I managed to keep my composure 
>in the "video room" until the very end (my wife ran our other 
>cameras).  I was trying to focus on a singer when I heard the 
>minister say, "let me introduce Mr. and Mrs. So and So."  That's when 
>I panicked and couldn't find the camera and the preset I needed.  
>Luckily, I had two other cameras running and still had a shot of one 
>of the most dramatic moments in the wedding. Whew....
>
>9.  I got to the reception and took a few shots here and there.  With 
>minutes to spare, the family asked me to tape the many toasts that 
>would take place.  The room was unbelievably dark and I had nothing 
>but a small light installed on my camera, so I had to get up close.  
>I quickly slapped on my wide angle lens and shot what I could.  Once 
>finished, I went to take off the lens, and......it's stuck.  And I 
>mean stuck.  Every massive farm kid in that room took a shot at 
>unscrewing that lens and I finally stopped them before they broke my 
>chassis.  No sweat.  I run out to the car and got the camera I 
>borrowed.
>
>10. I have now been shooting for almost 12 hours.  I found a very 
>polite way of asking the bride and groom to please do the garter and 
>flower toss which I promised to film.  Now I can go home.
>
>11.  The next morning, I put in the tape of the wedding.  NOTHING!!  
>All I see is snow and ghost images.  This is, quite literally, the 
>wedding of the year in this community.  The bride's father is a 
>physician who widely known and highly respected.  My new career has 
>begun and ended in one day.  I consider either suicide or leaving 
>town.  My wife suggests I try the other VCR.  BINGO!!  Everything is 
>there...it was the VCR, not the tape.
>
>Believe me, there were a number of other issues, but I managed to 
>anticipate and solve most problems because of what I learned in this 
>group.  Thanks everyone, for all the advice over the years.  Your 
>check is in the mail.
>
>RR
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
> 
>
>
>
>  
>




 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to