----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Johnny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 2:04 PM
Subject: RE: [AP] Adobe Encore


>I 2nd what Taky said, I used Ulead DVD Workshop 2, it's MUCH easier to
> use than Encore, and does a great job, for my latest short film, A
> Joker's Card, I have menu, when you select an option, it goes to a video
> clip and then to another menu of options, and I got 5.1, commentary
> tracks, etc placed into it. I also found out, a few things about the
> program, for upmost quality;
>
> 1. encode the video outside of ulead (sometimes, the ulead's mpeg2
> encoder doesn't do a good job with jerky or fast motion videos, so I use
> Canopus' Precoder for those or it would be pixelated).

Thank you for your thourough explanation!
Have anyone else experienced that Ulead DVD workshop doesn't create mpg2 all 
that well? Sounds like a unessesary step to transcode outside of the 
program:(

-
RJ's are the best alarmclocks

www.suneworld.com
www.boxmod.net - Jeg modifiserer din Xbox innen 24 timer!











> 2. encode 5.1 surround sound audio (ac3) and bring it in to DVD Ulead
> Workshop, once it's IN the program, do not alter the volumne or such or
> it will be re-encoded, then you lose the 5.1 surround sound, Ulead ONLY
> do 2 channels (ac3) not the whole 5.1, so basically create your ac3
> files outside of Ulead then important it and do not alter it and you'll
> set. You can use besweet which is a free non-license ac3 encoder (I like
> it), or use within premiere pro's surcode 5.1 (but you have to pay $299
> after 3 trials)
> 3. you might have to play around with mpeg2 encoding quality (if doing
> it outside of ulead) if you have multiple clips to be included, or it's
> not going to fit...
> 4. I've experienced some problem doing burn to dvd from witin Ulead,
> usually I do is let ulead create an image file and then use nero to burn
> several copies
>
> If anyone interested a copy of A Joker's Card (cheap) you can get a copy
> at www.mdifilm.com/joker and it contains 5.1 and stereo track,
> commentaries, behind the scene footages, trailers, some short films by
> cast/crew, and a CD soundtrack for $10 + $1.5 shipping cost.
>
> Those are some of my experience with Ulead. I've used Encore but the
> 'process' confuses me a lot...
>
> Johnny Wu
> www.mdifilm.com
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sune Alexandersen
> Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 6:24 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [AP] Adobe Encore
>
>
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:06:18 -0700 (PDT)
> Taky Cheung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I ditched Encore and now using Ulead DVD Workshop 2.  It is easy to
>> use and the result is professional.  There are built in templates for
>> wedding/romantic theme.
>
> Sounds like I need to take a look at Ulead! I find Encore unessesary
> difficult to use. I don't want to spend hours on authoring a simple dvd.
> How about the encoding/transcoding? Faster?
>
> -- 
> www.suneworld.com
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
<font face=arial size=-1><a 
href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hlvn8q8/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1708568768:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124546515/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life 
- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to