Hi Dylan,

I think you've got the right idea here. I think wiping an "empty" map to a
"filled in map" should work. What type of motion control are you using? My
hunch is you are manually creating position keyframes, which is causing your
images to no longer line up.

Have you considered using a wipe transition? You can stretch the transition
duration over the length of the clip. If you are using Premiere 7.x or Pro
1.x, you can put the "filled in" map on the track above the empty map. The
apply the wipe to the filled in map, and stretch the wipe transition over
the length of the clip.

Of course, this works best if their "path" is relatively straight.

A more advanced way-- yet which might provide better results for complex
paths, is to use titler objects. This is what I've done in the past. Each
"leg" of the journey (or straight line of the journey), was a different
titler object. And then I used the wipe effect to wipe on each line in turn.
The results in many clips/tracks stacked on top of each other, but if your
are comfortable enough in Premiere to do this, it can be very rewarding.

(If you are using Premiere 6.x or earlier, then the first method described,
wiping on an entire map image), would work best.


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "dylanwinter2001" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:46 PM
Subject: [AP] animating a map


Dear Adobe Gurus

I am just finishing a project following itinerant wheat harvesters
who work their way from texas to canada each summer

I want to animate their journey

I made a map in photoshop - and used the motion control to follow the
path as the men headed from kansas to texas

I made a second map - this time with the actual route on it

I Put one on top of the other in ther time line and created a wipe
from top to bottom


However, the wipe has a distinct boundary - even though the two
pictures line up perfectly - can I blur the edge of the wipe.

And the two versions never really line up

am I asking too much - or is there a better way of doing this short
of actually making an animation - frame by frame


Dylan











Yahoo! Groups Links











------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the Sweet Life.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to