Bill,

  I am a little out of focus on exactly what is not "seeing" your cameras.
Does windows "lose" the connection, or does Adobe Premiere "lose" it?  I
believe that if it is an initial connection problem, then it really is not an
Adobe Premiere question, although we will try and help you.  Much easier to
know if it is an operating system problem or an Adobe problem.

  Also, you state you are using version 7.0, which can also be know as Adobe
Premiere Pro 1.0.  You state that you have "all of the security patches".  Does
this mean you are running SP2?  My experience with Premiere Pro 1.0 was that it
didn't really work well with SP2.  Just wondering.

  Hope this helps.

  Tom

bjensen391 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I have a question that I hope will fit within this group. I am the IS
Director for a school district in Oregon. We have started a video
class at the high school. They are using Intel P4 2.8 GHz Windows XP
Pro PCs with 512 MB of ram with ATI Radon 9600 video cards and a
generic PCI firewire card to capture. The students are using Adobe
Premiere 7.0 to capture the video footage from various digital video
cameras.
The problem is that we continue to "loose" connection to the cameras
at random times during initial connection. Once connected Premiere is
able to capture the video footage, but at any random time with any of
the various cameras when the camera is connected to the PC it does not
see the camera. Then with the same equipment, but at another time the
camera will connect. We have checked the cables and they appear fine.
The PCs have all of the security patches and no viruses. I have also
used an account with full administrative rights, but with no
difference.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Bill Jensen