> Posted by: "David Hurdon" [EMAIL PROTECTED] contentshoptv
> Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:30 am (PST)
> Hi John.
Hi David, and once again thanks for hanging in there with me.
> Let me get the analog monitoring question out of the way first. It's
> Firewire from the PC to the DV camcorder, VX2000 in my case although I
> also
> have a Sony D-8 I could use for the same purpose. From the camcorder it's
> S-video and RCAs (white and red) to the VCR, and coaxial cable from VCR
> to
> TV. DV comes out Firewire and is converted in the camera to analog, which
> goes out as described to VCR/TV. There's a setting in Premiere 6.5
> Project
> Settings for playback on camcorder. I had the Raptor connected to the
> camera until I bought the new system. So nothing has really changed from
> a
> wiring standpoint. The Raptor wasn't a real time card. It brought nothing
> to the party except the connection at a time when Firewire wasn't
> available
> on PC.
Ah, okay, got it! You use the camcorder itself for the video
output/monitoring. One reason I hadn't gotten it was that :-((( my camcorder
is only one-way. That, too, is an "old" piece of equipment, bought in late
2000 -- and here in Europe, at least, at that time, for reasons I really
wonder about, it was not easy to buy a camcorder that not only input to the
computer but would also record from the computer. You could buy them, but
they were really expensive and there were few of them (maybe they're harder
to make with the PAL standard, I don't know). So, with my current setup,
using the camcorder for analog monitoring doesn't seem to be an option. So
I'll have to think about that. Maybe I'll decide to upgrade the camcorder
...
> I'm sure a 3 GHz Pentium would be enough. I occasionally capture to my
> laptop, which is exactly that, with 512 MB of RAM. And even with a 5400
> rpm
> hard drive I get no dropped frames. I wouldn't recommend this as a work
> flow but my curiosity required me to try it when I bought the Toshiba,
> which had Firewire and XP Media Centre. I had forgotten until this minute
> that this was my first personal experimentation with capture without the
> Raptor. Shortly after buying the laptop I added a USB2 external hard
> drive
> for office use and I've captured successfully to that as well.
That sounds encouraging. Then it seems that my envisioned upgrade will
easily handle all computing power requirements. Now I just have to figure
out how to deal with the analog input/output/monitoring part and I'll be
there ...
>
> I hope I've been clear enough to help.
Thanks once again, David.
John
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/