Hi: The term you are seeking is "overlay" instead of "insert" which is what you are achieving. There is a shortcut key in PremierPro which I have no idea if it works in Elements. But, if you select the music track to add, and press the comma key (or alternately press the period key) you MAY find the result you seek.
Make sure that you are trying to add music to an audio track that is not locked to the video (it'll be a narration track or music track) again I'm not sure about Elements. Additionally you might "unlink" audio and video to be able to move them around (right click on the video track to find a menu). Let me know if this helps. Robin Edwards San Francisco --- In [email protected], "wardbk_85706" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Hi, > I'm a newby here. I have Adobe Premiere Elements 2. I'm sure this > question has been asked many time before but after searching FAQ and > other posts, couldn't find antything that addresses this issue. > > I'm putting together a slide show with old family photo's that I > scanned and am now trying to put them together in a slide show. Now > I'm trying to insert new music into the timeline but when I do, it > causes a gap the lengths of the musical piece to appear on the Video 1 > line and will not let me delete and close the gap. I'm sure there must > be an easy solution but I'll be darned if I can figure it out?? > > Thanks in advance for any help you can give. > > Nordenskold > Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
