From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Sterling James
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2000 11:39 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Performance problem on some clients

Hello,
Any help would be appreciated.
We are seeing a ADSM performance problem with the IBM Netfinity 7000 M10
machines.  Given a 16mb file it will take 2min to backup the one file on a
100mb ethernet network to our ADSM server.  The same file on a IBM
netfinity 7000 or Compaq Proliant will take under 2 seconds.  All our M10
machines have the same performance problem.  We have tried a variety of IBM
and Compaq NIC cards with out success.  One of the machines with a
performance problem is a 7RY 4 way 500MZH with 4 gig of memory.  We are
also seeing the same type of problem with the IBM F50 AIX boxes.  Anyone
have any experience with these machines and ADSM?