I couldn't resist commenting on this subject, again! So here it goes....

A few months ago we were getting abit annoyed with TSM and called in some
vendors to looks at their backup products. One was Veritas, who we all know,
another was CommVault which was spun off from Lucent.

CommVault apparently is in bed with Microsoft, and living in sin I suppose.
Their strategy is windows 2000 centric and they make some bold claims about
restoring individual Exchange mailboxes.

I strongly suspect that they have some inside advantage with Microsoft and
Tivoli is being kept at bay. Check out their claims at:
http://galaxy.commvault.com/products_sub.asp?id=63

Now, with that said I must say that I did not like the CommVault database
schema and their DR solution and Tivoli wised up and fixed the TSM issues we
had.

I strongly suspect that Microsoft has more than a "partnership" with
CommVault. But I hate Microsoft anyway so judge for yourself.

Good Luck -
CR
Cris Robinson
Storage Engineering
Information Technology Services & Support
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.245.4837
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]