Hello,
        We have a process that archives a large set of files.  We are running
into a problem now because the number of files is apparently too great for the
command interpretor (shell) to accept as individual arguments.  We use this
particular method so that we can archive all these files with the same
description, and using the same timestamp.  Is anyone aware of a method of
using an input file to list all the files required to be archived.  If not,
can we fool the shell by putting double quotes around all the files,
essentially using this as one argument only?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Matt