From: Richard Sims [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 October 2000 12:57
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1 Client Start-up

>We have installed TSM 4.1 Server and Client code on a newly-built
>Sun/Solaris system. The server (+ PTF1) runs fine, but when we try to start
>the client code - DSMC or DSMADMC - we get the following error:
>
>$ dsmadmc
>
>ld.so.1: dsmadmc: fatal: relocation error: file dsmadmc: symbol
>_ex_register64: referenced symbol not found

You didn't tell us your Solaris opsys level or how the client software was
installed but...  According to the 4.1 client Readme, it comes with both
native 32 and 64-bit versions, and is supposed to install the correct one
based upon your kernel mode.  It sure sounds like you have the 64-bit client
trying to run on a 32-bit system.  Was the system in 64-bit mode when the
client was installed, or was the software adopted from a 64-bit system?
If neither, then there may be an error in the installation mechanism.
If the installation job produced a log, review that to see what was planted.
Consider repeating the installation to carefully watch what it does.
    Richard Sims, BU