From: Dave Canan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2000 11:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Warning - Windows NT/2000 Sev1 Flash

        This APAR was just opened this morning. I wanted to get ti
distributed to
the LISTSERV as quickly as I could.

PMR NO: 08519,000,866
OSs INVOLVED: NT
COMPID: 5697TSMNT and 5698TSMNT
APAR SEV: 1
RELESE: 3.7.2 - 4.1.1
KEYWORD: Daylight Savings incremental
ABSTRACT:
"Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes"
causes incremental to do full backup
ERROR DESCRIPTION:
When NT is set to automatically adjust the clock for Daylight
Savings NT modifies ALL files' time attribute by setting
it back 1 hour thus causing incremental backups to perform full
backups.

RECREATE DIRECTIONS:
1) Create a subset of files
2) Change the time zone on NT to one that has daylight savings
changes ( if applicable)
3) Change the time to a few minutes prior to daylight savings
time (0200 October 29, 2000).
ex: 0155
4) Check the box next to
"Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes"
5) Do an incremental backup
6) Watch the time stamps change when the clock goes from 0159
to 0200 back to 0100.
7) Do another incremental backup
All files will be backed up as if it were a full backup.

LOCAL FIX
Uncheck the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings
changes" in the time/date control panel and manually adjust
the time for daylight savings.
Additional Notes:
*This does not affect 3.1.x and 3.7.0 clients. Microsoft
Searchable Knowledge base reference number Q129574.
* Old APAR IC13012 (v2.105 closed 1996) is the same problem for
FAT file systems

Money is not the root of all evil - full backups are.