Hello ADSM administrators,

  I'm trying to label brand new DLT tapes to create ADSM scratch volumes
using various
  variants of the "label" and "checkin" commands e.g.
 label libv tapelib B00880
 label libv tapelib B00880 overwrite=yes
 checkin libv tapelib B00880 stat=scratch

Nothing seems to work. The activity log has:
 ANR8802E LABEL LIBVOLUME process 351 for library B00880   failed.
 ANR0985I Process 351 for LABEL LIBVOLUME running in the
      BACKGROUND completed with completion state FAILURE.
ANR8426E CHECKIN LIBVOLUME for volume B00880 in library   TAPELIB failed

In the past I have been able to get the need for scratch tapes covered
through reclamation
and offsite recalls, so this is a first to me. Do I need to label new tapes
with a utility or?
The OS is AIX 4.2.1 but it would not seem to have any bearing.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
regards,
  Peter Koblauch, [EMAIL PROTECTED]