Check 'query option' and insure that the http port option is set to 1580.
If not go the the dsmserv.opt file and set the http port back to 1580 and
restart the server.  If you bring it up in the forground you should see a
line that says somthing along the lines of HTTP Communications now
lissening on 1580 for inbound connections.

Keith Davey