From: McClean, Frank [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2000 12:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Repeated mount of bad scratch tape

Hi Steve,

I think that the 'set to private' process is working, but it
appears that it is only applied to tape vols that have an error
when reading the label and not when a 'media fault' occurs.
Please see the following:

ANR8355E I/O error reading label for volume NT0066 in
                      drive RMT1 (/dev/rmt1).
ANR8778W Scratch volume NT0066 changed to Private Status
                      to prevent re-access.

The environment:Tsm server RS6000 S80
                        AIX 4.3.3.15
                        TSM 3.7.3.1