I posted a message last week, but it was under a different email
address.  The new microcode has been loaded and we have seen no errors
since (we were seeing at least 2-3 errors a day prior to the fix).  It is
an engineering fix, microcode level E306.  It was loaded last Thursday.

At 12:27 PM 2/5/01 -0500, Kathleen M Hallahan wrote:
>Are the drives themselves showing errors?  That's one of the weird things
>we've
>got...our CE has checked the drive logs and there are absolutely no errors
>to be
>found.
>
>I'm going to give our CE printed copies of all these emails so that he can
>pass
>this along to Tuscon, unless anyone has any objections.  Diana, did you
>ever get
>that microcode?  If you did, have you had the opportunity to see if it
>fixes the
>problem?
>
>Thanks all!
>
>Kathleen
>

>|--------+----------------------->
>|        |          "Short, Anne"|
>|        |          <anne.short@L|
>|        |          MCO.COM>     |
>|        |                       |
>|        |          02/05/2001   |
>|        |          09:53 AM     |
>|        |          Please       |
>|        |          respond to   |
>|        |          "ADSM: Dist  |
>|        |          Stor Manager"|

   |       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     |
   |       cc:     (bcc: Kathleen M
Hallahan/ISS/HQ/FHLMC)                      |