Hi There,

I have installed TSM 4.1.2 on win/nt2k and I need to connect the TSM
server to a 3494 tape library.I have 2 x 3590 tape drive on that library
connected to the TSM server through a SCSI Diff interface and another
serial cable connecting the library to the TSM server from the serial
cable.
I have installed the drivers to the nt2k with the drivers i have down
loaded from the ibm ftp site index.storsys.ibm.com/devdrv/win2000.
the driver ware installed successfully. I checked the ntutils and the
open close device test was successful.
the next thing that I need to do is to define the library from the tsm
command line.
( I defined the dsmserv.opt with enablelibrary3494 = yes )
and try to execute the define library command from tsm command line

define library my3494 libtype=scsi device= x x x x ......

but I only had the drives mt0.0.X in the NT OS, I couldn't find the
library lb0.0.0.1 or something in the os .

so what do i need to define in the define library from the tsm.

is the serial port is the device ?

Best Regards
Ofer Nachom
Triple C.

begin:vcard
n:Nachom;Ofer
tel;fax:972-3-6080667
tel;home:000000000000
tel;work:972-3-6080643
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.ccc.co.il
org:Triple C ;Triple C Technical Department
adr:;;Shaol Ha Melek 37.;Tell-Aviv;Israel;xxxxx;
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Aix & TSM System support
fn:Ofer Nachom