Hagen... I use BMC SQL-BackTrack for Informix 2.1 and am currently testing 3.0.
Ontape is used with 2.1 and Onbar is used with 3.0 plus 3.0 is supposed to allow
you to expire stuff but haven't had luck yet making expiration work. 2.1 has no
facility for expiration and thus you can't reclaim any backups done by the 2.1
API except by actually going in an manually deleting filespaces. This is a
particular pain, as each dbspace (hope I am using the terminology correctly)
gets a unique date time appended and thus you get a zillion unique filespace
names.... The TDP for Informix tool is supposed to integrate better with TSM and
handle expiration better according to what I have been told.  I am trying to get
in touch with my Tivoli rep... I think I am already actually licesnced to use
this product... when the server boots, it says something to the effect "this
server is licensed to use TDP for Informix"... I inherited tons of old CDs with
this job but haven't had any luck find one for TDP for Informix...

George Lesho
Storage/System Admin
AFC Enterprises

Hagen Finley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/22/2001 12:53:33 AM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>