From: Vint A. Maggs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 10:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: TSM Monitoring: Crystal Reports v TEC....

Hello All,
        I am interested in developing a TSM monitoring environment and I
want to investigate what tools are out there.  My goal is to bring in
salesmen from the competing vendors and see who can do what.
        I have 4 TSM servers backing up hundreds of NT, Solaris, Netware,
BUTA, and Domino clients across our network to a pair of ACSLS controlled
STK 9310 Powderhorn tape libraries using 9840 tape drives.
        I do not want to reinvent the wheel and feel a lot of the trending
and analysis reports I desire are already built into these packages.
        Anyone have any idea what happened with Mainstar?
        Please respond and let me know what you are using and how you feel
about these products, or any other that you like.

Thanks,
Vint