From: Ron Pavan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 12:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: TSM, SAN, ACSLS and Solaris

I believe what you  are looking for is placed in a conf file.  example:  We
have a sun e3500 running with QLogic HBA's.  We define a target-id to a
world wide name on a fiber switch (can can also define a target to a port
number on the switch but then you are limited to that port and if the port
goes bad you cannot switch ports without a reboot).  This config files is
\kernel\drv\qla2200.conf.  When you reboot/reconfigure the st.conf should
scan for targets that can now be found because the HBA is defining them.