You don't say what platform your server is on, but why not run the commands
via "cron" (for UNIX) or "at" for NT.  We have both kinds of servers and
have both types of jobs set up.  The scripts set the environment and the
location of the output file, then calls the sql macro, such as:

set path=c:\"program files"\Tivoli\TSM\baclient;%PATH%
set DSM_CONFIG=c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsm.opt
set DSM_DIR=c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient
dsmadmc -id=<admin_id> -pa=<admin_id_password> -outfile >>
c:\tsm_reports\missed.file.txt   macro c:\tsm_macros\missed.files.bat

The contents of the macro associated with the above is:

set sqldisplaymode wide
select date_time,TRIM(nodename),TRIM(message) from actlog where (msgno=4987
or msgno=4007) and ((current_timestamp-DATE_TIME)minutes<INTERVAL '1440'
minutes)

We have a job that runs daily on all our TSM servers that creates the
following reports and mails them to us:
* Missed files
* Completion status of previous 24 hour's backups
* Read-only & unavailable volumes
* Status of copypool job
* Status of DB backup job
* File systems with last backup greater than 24 hours
* Client nodes whose last access is greater than 24 hours

After receiving the info in the mail, you can save it, edit it or use it
with your favorite tools.

Anne Short
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Gaithersburg, Maryland
301-240-6184
CODA/I Storage Management